I am SOOOO excited to say that my first beauty box has arrived! I decided to suscribe to Ipsy in the middle of January 2014 and now my first personalized beauty box is here for $10. Let’s see how it goes!
Beauty boxes are basically subscription services that send you a beauty box every month, much like a magazine (except instead of a magazine you get a bunch of beauty stuff)! You can’t pick the things you get though, but it’s great for trying out new things because it’s relatively affordable and they are all sample sized, although sometimes you even get full sized sample boxes!! Plus, they even make you take a quiz so they can better suit your needs and send you things you are more likely to use. I picked Ipsy because they send makeup, while other beauty boxes can also send skin care and hair care and even purely nail polish. Ipsy is $10 a month and is a great starter box for newbies like me.
If you’re interested in signing up for Ipsy, click here! 😀
So, when my first Ipsy bag arrived today I was ecstatic! This is what I got:
Not bad for $10, right? Let’s see a little more about each individual product…
(1) Pacifica Hawaiin Ruby Guava Body Lotion (Full Size Retail $15) — I’ve heard lots of things about Pacifica so I wasn’t surprised when I opened this up and smelled absolute heaven. The scent is amazing and reminds me of a tropical island. Also, when I put it on my hands they immediately became as soft as baby butts. I don’t use body lotion often though but maybe I’ll make an exception this one time because it just smells sooooo good.
(2) Zoya in Odette (Retail $9) — Yes, a FULL SIZED Zoya in a gorgeous lavender color! It’s from their new Naturel line too. Normally they retail around $9 so this already makes up for most of the beauty box haha. I normally don’t wear nail polish either but this looks beautiful!
(3) EyeTini Cream Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum (Retail $18) — My first cream shadow! I was originally worried I wasn’t going to like it but it blends beautifully on my skin and is an amazing bronze color. It blends so easily and is super creamy with a slight shimmer in it too. I can’t believe it retails for $18 though!
(4) Pop Beauty Plump Pout Lip Gloss Mini in Fuschia Freesia (Full Size Retail $16) — This is the only thing out of the whole batch I don’t know if I’m going to use. I’m not a fan of neon pinks and much prefer naturals and neutrals, but meh, maybe I’ll give it a go since I’ve heard some pretty good things about this lip gloss!
(5) J.Cat Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue in 747L (Retail $3) — Hooray! My first falsies as well. I’ve been looking to find some eyelashes and eyelash glue, honestly, so I was pleased that this included both. These eyelashes are a bit dramatic for me though, so hopefully I’ll be able to use the glue multiple times to glue other eyelashes onto me.
All in all I’m pretty happy with my first Ipsy bag. I’m disappointed I didn’t get the Be Matte blush that was available, but I’m excited to see what other things they have in the future. I’ll probably be doing more in depth product reviews for each one of these sometime in the future so stay tuned and thanks for reading!